BioDownloader is a program for downloading and/or updating files from ftp/http servers. The program has unique features that are specifically designed to deal with bioinformatics data files and servers:
* optimized to work with vast amount of data and very large file sets (~ 10,000 - 100,000).
* allows the selective retrieval of only the required files (file masks, ls-lR parsing, recursive search, updates)
* has a built-in repository containing the settings for the most common bioinformatics download needs
* built-in wizard for batch post-processing of downloaded files (archive extraction, file conversion, etc.)
* capable of performing multiple download or update tasks simultaneously